Hollywood Writer, Vanity Fair
I am an experienced reporter with particular interest in television and pop culture. My first beat was environmental policy and biodiversity, but I have since embraced a passion for reporting features, trend pieces, and profiles about the latest developments and major figures in entertainment. I do, however, remain a major science nerd who knows far too many fun facts about dogs.
- Samantha Bee’s Boiling Point
- Host an Awards Show? Asks Hollywood: “What’s the Fucking Point?”
- How The Parent Trap Forged One of Hollywood’s Most Delightful Friendships
- Four Years After He Left The Daily Show, There’s Still Nobody Like Jon Stewart
- Ricky Gervais Will Never Back Down
- “I Was Terrified, and I Was Humiliated”: #MeToo’s Male Accusers, One Year Later
- Terry Crews Made Hollywood Listen—And He’s Not Done Yet
- Bill Maher Is Sure He Has the Funniest Show in Late Night
- “You’re Basically Writing Your Jokes into a Shredder”: Inside the Trump-Era Late-Night Monologue Pressure Cooker
- How Late Night Sharpened Its Teeth in the Age of Trump
- The Insane, Unbelievable, Totally True Story Behind USA’s Drug Drama Queen of the South
- Can You Really Survive the Cold By Sleeping Inside an Animal Carcass a la Star Wars and The Revenant?
- How Parents Who Named Their Children “Atticus” Feel About Learning He’s Now Kind of Racist
- Why Do TV Characters All Own the Same Weird Old Blanket? A Slate Investigation.
- A Grand Unified Theory of Why People are Dyeing Their Body Hair
Videos and Podcasts
- The Original X-Files Pilot Perfectly Explains Why the Reboot Fails
- C-3PO Is Star Wars’ Real Hero
- The Secrets Behind Star Wars‘ Most Iconic Sounds
- The Walking Dead Podcast: Recapping the Season 6 Premiere
- How Could a Prison Inmate Make a Shank out of Jolly Ranchers? We Decided to Find Out.
- When Is Cheryl’s Birthday? Solving a Logic Problem That Spread Around the World